03 Mar GSIC and Microsoft Ibérica organize a meeting between Spanish startups and Microsoft for Startups program
- More than 70 Spanish startups will be able to learn first-hand about Microsoft for Startups program that offers them support in the development and growth of their businesses
- Microsoft for Startups benefits young companies with advantages from free technical resources and cloud services to joint sales with Microsoft staff and its partner channel
The third event of Microsoft for Startups Europe will take place on March 26 at the facilities of the Global Sports Innovation Center powered by Microsoft (GSIC). The GSIC organizes this session in Spain to offer an open space for dialogue, where Spanish startups can establish direct contact with European division of the program, as well as with the subsidiary Microsoft Ibérica, which also joins the call.
Preceded only by Brussels and London, Madrid will become the meeting point between Spanish companies and the Microsoft program that was designed to support the development and growth of technology-based companies with B2B business models (business – to – business) and that are in the initial phase.
During the event the attending companies will learn all the details of the program to know how to apply, what requirements have to be met and how to get the most out of it, since Microsoft for Startups offers the possibility of benefiting from a series of advantages from free technical resources and services on the cloud to the joint sale with the Microsoft staff and its associated channel.
There are two categories in which the benefits offered by Microsoft to recently created companies are divided – for all startups and for startups that meet specific requirements of the program. This strategy is given by the inclusive and collaborative philosophy promoted by Microsoft, so that any company can benefit on:
- 12 months of free services
- $200 credit for any service for 30 days
- 25 always free services
- Azure learning paths for today’s developer
- Microsoft Docs for quickstarts, API references, and code samples
- Open source code editing with Visual Studio Code
- On-demand assistance from Devchat
- Engagement with our technical developer and partner community
The program also gives support in business recruitment and sales attraction with more advantages included.
All these details will be announced at the event where in addition to the presentations of the organizing entities, the attendees may have personal meetings with members of Microsoft for Startups team, as well as Microsoft Ibérica representative by prior reservations.
To attend the event requires prior registration on this link. The event is free and welcomes startups from all sectors.
Microsoft for Startups Europe also joins the support of the initiative launched last January by the GSIC and LaLiga – Startup Competition 2019 – a joint initiative to identify the best technological developments in the sports and entertainment industry. The aim is to empower digital talent developing disruptive solutions in the football, sports and entertainment industry which can help continue LaLiga’s growth in the field of technology and innovation.
The competition promoted by LaLiga and managed by GSIC aims to create a gateway to the sports and entertainment industry for new companies around the world. The solutions presented in the competition must be based on four cornerstones:
- Media: OTT, broadcasting, social media, digital content, new media, digital marketing, second screens, graphics, analysis, piracy.
- Fan engagement: fan profiles, social media, electronic sports, gamification, social listening, community, commercialisation, VR/AR/MR, digital games.
- Smart venues: security, fan engagement, ticket sales, fan experience, food and beverages, connectivity, cashless payments, access control and guest management.
- Sports performance: analysis, sports training materials, injury prevention, health and lifestyle, research.
- Others such as big data, artificial intelligence, machine learning, etc.
The 10 finalists of the competition will enjoy numerous advantages such as a pilot project with LaLiga, an acceleration program with the GSIC and facilitated access to the Microsoft for Startups program.
The agenda of the event “Exploring Microsoft for Startups”
09:00 – 09:30: Registration and Coffee
09:30 – 09:45: Introduction by GSIC
09:45 – 10:45: An Introduction to the MS for Startups Team and Programme
10:45 – 11:15: MS for Startups Programme Q&A Session
11:30 – 12:00: Sports Reimagined – How the sport industry has changed thanks to the vision of Microsoft Sports and GSIC.
12:00 – 12:30: GSIC Startup Success Case: TTSPRTS.
12:30 – 13:30: Lunch
11:00 – 16:30: 1-1 Sessions
If you are interested in having one to one session with Microsoft for Startups team you have to book you slot using the following links (click on the name of the person to see his/her profile and book a meeting):
If you want to book a meeting with representative from Microsoft Ibérica, CLICK HERE