14 Jul NBPA ANNOUNCES INAUGURAL PERFORMANCE SUMMIT AT “THE SANCTUARY” IN PARTNERSHIP WITH GSIC POWERED BY MICROSOFT
The Global Sports Innovation Center powered by Microsoft and the National Basketball Players Association (NBPA) is thrilled to announce that it will host an inaugural NBPA Performance Summit alongside “The Sanctuary”, a performance retreat for players hosted in the region of Andalucía, Spain. For the first time, the NBPA will host a summit centered around player performance and emerging technology, in partnership with The Global Sports Innovation Center (GSIC) powered by Microsoft, an international reference innovation center and meeting point for the sports tech industry.
Taking place alongside “The Sanctuary” from July 18-20, The NBPA Performance Summit will feature an impressive lineup of industry experts, innovators, and athletes who will focus on the latest advancements in performance and technology to enhance performance in the modern sports landscape. The conference program will include a variety of panels and presentations designed to provide valuable knowledge as well as several sessions centered around health & wellness. MARCA, a leading sports media outlet based in Spain, will be the official media partner for the event. Highlighted sessions and notable speakers at the NBPA Performance Summit include:
- High-Performance and the Modern Athlete: Tech, Data, and Commercialization: Sebastian Lancestremere (Sports Industry Managing Director at Microsoft, GSIC’s President), Jose Calderon (Special Advisor, Cleveland Cavaliers), and Jonas Baer-Hoffmann (General Secretary FIFPRO) will discuss how technology, data, and commercialization are revolutionizing athlete training, competition, and fan experiences.
- Revolutionizing Athlete Performance with AI: Esteban Granero (CEO, Olocip AI), Anthony Paladin (Senior Manager Sports Performance & Analytics, Presight Ai & G42), and Raul Pelaez (CEO, Ailite) will explore how AI and machine learning can optimize athlete health and safety, prevent injuries, and aid in recovery.
- Creating Anti-Fragile Athletes: Speaker Hasim Ay will delve into building anti-fragile athletes who excel under pressure and bounce back stronger.
- Preparing for Peak Performance: Benoit Ammann (Senior Manager of Sports Technology and Analytics, Saudi Olympic Committee), Steijn Spreij (Performance Analyst, KNVB), and Hasim Ay will share insights into achieving peak performance, covering training, nutrition, mental conditioning, and more.
- The Current and Future Landscape of Sport Tech Investment: Alysse Soll, CEO Advisory at Underdog Venture Team, will unveil the groundbreaking impact of sport tech investment on high performance, highlighting trends, success stories, and future opportunities.
- Shaping The Future of High-Performance: Motion Capture: Brian Moore (Co-Founder & CEO, Orreco) and Patrick Moodie (Founder, Dari) will discuss how advancements in motion capture technology will shape the future of high-performance sports.
- Point Forward Podcast Live Sessions: Join Andre Igoudala and Evan Turner, along with special guests Ndamukong Suh (Super Bowl Champion, NFL Pro-Bowler & VC Entrepreneur) and Andrew Hawkins (CEO, StatusPRO), as they delve into high-performance strategies, mindset, and habits in two exhilarating live podcast sessions.
“The NBPA Performance Summit will provide an unparalleled opportunity for our members to come together with leading industry experts to delve into the latest trends and advancements in athlete performance,” said Tamika Tremaglio, NBPA Executive Director. “With the exceptional lineup of speakers and sessions and the diversity of topics, we are confident that this inaugural summit will be a great learning experience for all.”
Iris Cordoba, General Manager of GSIC powered by Microsoft, also expressed her appreciation for the partnership, stating, “We are honored to support the NBPA in creating content for the inaugural Performance Summit. This partnership is a natural fit, as it brings together the expertise and resources of both organizations to provide players with valuable insights into the latest advancements in athlete performance. NBPA Performance Summit at “The Sanctuary”, will play a crucial role in shaping the future of athletic excellence. It will bring together industry experts, athletes, and innovators to explore the latest advancements in technology, data analytics, and commercialization that are revolutionizing athlete training, competition, and fan experiences. We believe this collaboration will set the foundation for future collaborations between GSIC and NBPA in this area.”
The NBPA Performance Summit at “The Sanctuary” retreat along with the Performance Summit promises to be a groundbreaking event that will shape the future of player development and set new standards for excellence in basketball.