28 Jun Ukrainian Startups Pitch Day – June 28, 2022
Few months ago, when Russia has started the invasion of Ukraine, and lives of millions of Ukrainians were affected, along with the country’s economy and industries, the world came together to support Ukraine and its people offering all the help possible to everyone who resulted to be a victim of this injustice.
In March, the GSIC powered by Microsoft has reached an agreement with Sport Tech Hub Ukraine in order to carry out a series of joint initiatives that would support Ukrainian sports tech startups in their current situation. As a result of this agreement, today, we held an online Pitch Day for 12 startups with solutions for sports industry in Health and Wellness, Team and Player Performance, Business Insights, and others. It was a pleasure to meet:
- 12Climb LLC (OneTwoClimb)
- AI Prosport
- Health Management
- Pro weightlifting
- Sports Technology and Innovation Lab
Also a big thank you to the experts from GSIC network who participated today in this session helping to evaluate the startups and provide them valuable feedback:
- Sebastian Lancestremere – Microsoft Sports Industry Managing Director & GSIC President (USA & Spain)
- Iris Cordoba – General Manager, GSIC powered by Microsoft (Spain / Singapore)
- Abhishek Padwal – Founder & CEO, HiG Sport (India)
- Christoph Rapp – International Sales and Retail Manager, ISPO (Germany)
- Chris Robb – CEO, Mass Participation World (Indonesia)
- Damien Thompson – Head of Technology Strategy & Data, Cricket Australia (Australia)
- Guillermo Toffoni – CEO & Founder, AFA Technology Institute (Argentina)
- Jaime Medina – Innovation Project Coordinator, LaLiga Tech (Spain)
- Javier Sobrino – Managing Partner, Aser Ventures (Spain)
- Matteo Montanari – Sr. Executive, Revenue Growth and International Business, GSIC Ambassador (Italy)
- Mustafa Ghouse – CEO, JSW Sport (India)
- Ricardo Gomes – Owner, SSTUDIO Marketing, GSIC Ambassador (Brasil)
Jury evaluated the startups on their pitch, and the startup with a highest score will receive free GSIC membership for 1 year.
We are honored to support Ukrainian sports tech ecosystem! The GSIC will continue to provide help through open innovation, mentoring, knowledge transfer initiatives and networking.