Podoactiva puts its technology at the service of healthcare professionals in the fight against coronavirus
The fight against Covid-19 involves us all. In Podoactiva we are clear and we want to be useful to help put this very complicated situation behind us. That is why, for several weeks, we have decided to reorient our productive capacity and make available all our technology and resources available in a completely altruistic way to add our knowledge and effort with other companies and provide new solutions and material to various health centers throughout Spain.
Podoactiva joined the crowdfunding project promoted by the Concahusa Association, the Huesca Excelente Forum, Huesca Suena and Young Entrepreneurs of Huesca.
In collaboration with these partnerships and platforms, and together with other professionals and companies, our job is to design and manufacture prototypes of:
- Facial protection screens in polyamide 11, characterized by being printed in a sterilizable and reusable material.
- Working together Decathlón, Airbus engineering, Podoactiva engineering, and several Madrid hospitals have been designed and manufactured prototypes that allow the adapting of Decathlon diving masks for two purposes:
- Use as protection for healthcare professionals. Several prototypes have been designed and produced for different filters and use.
- Use for the administration of oxygen to the patient
It is not important to note that in no case is it the manufacture of a respirator, but that it is an emergency solution to be able to administer oxygen to a patient under the criteria of the responsible doctor, and always understanding that it only makes sense in those circumstances in which the approved means for such use are not available.
The manufacture of the prototypes is being carried out in two materials (polyamide and biocompatible resins) using the technology available at Podoactiva headquarters.
We have received the Hackathon Virtual #Vencealvirus2020 label as one of the 20 projects selected by the Community of Madrid (of more than 250 presented) for our collaboration in the project “Low cost Respiratory Support” presented by the Infanta Leonor hospital.
– Parts that allow opening the doors of hospitals and sanitary centers with the arm, without the need to use the hands, avoiding, as far as possible, contagion.
–Parts “save ears” for healthcare professionals who have to wear for many hours the FFP2 masks on.